LED Lights Installation
Parts of LED Lights Kit:
- AC Power Adapter
- Strip Splitter: (32.8ft & 49.2ft option only)
- LED Light Strip Roll(s)
- 24 or 44 Key IR Remote
DO NOT turn on your LEDs while they are still in the roll as it can cause overheating!
DO NOT attach more strips than the length you ordered. This can cause your strips to draw more power than the power supply, resulting in voltage drops and overheating.
STEP 1: Planning before installation
- To ensure accurate placement of your Ezlights, please calculate the length of the area where you would like to stick your lights onto.
- Tip: Sticking your lights vertically from the start will prevent your lights from ripping off from the weight of the power adapter!
STEP 2: Cleaning your surface
- Clean the surface where you would like to install your lights by removing any excess dust or dirt to allow the sticky adhesive to hold strongly.
STEP 3: Setting Up Your Lights
- First connect your remote receiver to the power supply.
- Next, connect the remote receiver to the lights with the 4-pin connector and make sure the arrows aligned.
- Note: For 32.8ft or 49.2ft LED Lights Strips, please use the strip splitter provided to connect each roll of LED strips. Connecting the LED light strips in a single line, may cause the voltage to drop, resulting in uneven lighting and overheating of the LED Lights.
- Finally, carefully peel back the thin plastic on the back of the LED strip to reveal the adhesive. We recommend peeling off about one feet of adhesive strip at a time when sticking it onto the wall.
- IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you're peeling ONLY the thin blue adhesive film from the back of the strip and not pulling the entire adhesive itself.
STEP 4: LED STRIPS CHECK
- Once fully installed, go back and press flat along the LED strip to make sure the adhesive strongly stays onto the wall.
- Make sure the arrows are facing each other at the connection point, so the lights receive the correct signals to power on correctly.
- In some rare instances, try to flip the arrows at the connection points and check if it works.
STEP 5: REMOTE CONTROLLER CHECK
- The Remote Controller uses a CR2025 battery or CR2032 battery.
- Once you've installed the battery, check the remote by pointing it at the remote receiver.
- If nothing happened, please check that the battery was not inserted upside down. Try flipping it over and check if it works.
- You can also check if the controller is working by using your phone's camera. If you open your camera app, point the controller at your camera. A working controller will have a light when you watch it through your camera.
What app do I have to install to control LED Lights on my mobile device?
With the bluetooth model, you can scan the QR code on the receiver to install the LED bluetooth app.